Friday, 11 August 2017

Cyber Attack Leaves Millions Without Mobile Phone Service In Venezuela




A massive cyber attack that took down government websites in Venezuela earlier this week also has left seven million mobile phone users without service, the government said today.

A group that calls itself The Binary Guardians claimed responsibility for attacks that targeted the websites of the government, the supreme court and the National Assembly.

"These terrorist actions which affected the Movilnet's GSM platform on Wednesday left without communication seven of the state operator's 13 million users," Science and Technology Minister Hugbel Roa said.

Venezuela has two other private mobile phone operators: Spanish-owned Movistar and Digitel.


Roa said the outage was part of a wave of attacks that began on Monday when dozens of government and private company websites were hacked.

Roa said there also have been nine cuts in the country's fiber optic network, which has cut off already precarious internet service to seven states.

"The attacks were carried out with the help of foreign agents, trying once again to disrupt our country's connectivity," Roa said, adding that an investigation was underway.
Download Newsalert NG MobileApp

Like what you've read?Subscribe to Newsalert NG by Email to Receive Update

JOIN OUR FREE BBM CHANNEL FOR INSTANT UPDATE>> CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

For Inquiries/Tipoff olevsalenco2009@gmail.com - Call 07030205762
Twitter-@Babawalexy9ja
Instagram-Babawalexy9ja

Designed by Newsalert NG.